Sunday, July 14, 2013

If I give you my phone number, will you stop bothering me???

          Online dating makes it easier to be the asshole you always wanted to be but don't have the guts to in real life. It is incredibly easy to fire back a snarky reply (and hope they catch the sarcasm dripping from their phone), sit back and enjoy the backlash. Sometimes the backlash leads to interesting conversation but unfortunately the international language does not include sarcasm. What Siri? 
          I do not believe that i am smarter than the average bear. The average male on these dating sites? Just call me a Rhodes scholar by comparison (not that they would know what any of that means). I think the reason these websites claim "more marriages are made through blank blank blank dot com" is because there are so many "interesting" ( did ya catch the sarcasm?) people on there that when  you happen across a non interesting and quite boring catch, you grab it like it is the last loaf of bread on a snow day in the south and NEVER LET GO. You have seen what else is out there and let me tell you its kinda scary. Not Halloween scary but the type of scary that makes you want to curl up with your cat and think happy thoughts. I do realize that I probably translate better in person, but then I would have to meet you and if you didn't get my sarcasm then, you definitely won't get it when I am staring you in the face wishing to be anywhere else! 

No comments:

Post a Comment