Friday, June 24, 2011

First things first cont'

Now, I want to start out by saying that I am in no way "dissing" or attempting to turn people away from the joys of online dating (afterall, what healthy 28 year old would not be pleased by offers of spankings from a self professed "sexy older man"?). I know of a couple of couples (really?) that have found true happiness due to this new fangled way to mingle and meet without the bother of a smoky bar or expensive restaurant!  This blog is my own personal, skewed view of the dating practices that have come about while I was entrenched in my own coupledom. When I was growing up the internet was a scary place where talking to strangers was tantamount to inviting a vampire into your home. You didn't enter into chat rooms (ya'll remember those?) without knowing someone, you didn't impersonate anyone and you certainly did not meet them! Apparently all that has changed! I guess there were some classes in highschool I missed on online communication and you in the 21st century. All that being said I am looking forward to meeting new people and am definitely not missing the smoky bars and expensive restaurants!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog so much! Good luck on your journey and I hope it brings forth tons of material for your blog!

    ReplyDelete