Monday, June 27, 2011

Match made...in heaven or in alabama football hell?

Invasive questionnaire filled out to our specifications? Check
The only pic you have where you look half way decent, uploaded? Check
Humble yet sassy yet sweet yet personal yet funny yet not too funny yet intresting description of your dreams, wants, needs, likes, dislikes,goals,height, weight, ethnicity, habits, feeding times, how much you breathe, intelligence level and blood type filled out? Uh, check?

CONGRATULATIONS! GET READY TO MEET YOUR MATCHES!
wait! im not ready...


Within the first hour of offically becoming a member of the online dating community I had about 5 "matches". All of which either had bama, rolltide, al, bam, or some other form of AL football refrence. The few who didn't (aww, were all the good names taken?) either had Bama shirts, shoes, socks, shorts, hats and cufflinks, (bet ya'll didn't know they even made those, huh?) The other few who didn't have all that on (not a true bama fan i bet) had their pictures taken actually at the home of the crimson tide...(save me). So you can imagine my soul crushing disappointment! What about my picture (i have short sassy hair damit) or my profile (was it the "not a speller comment?) that made any of these guys think that they were the one for me??? Yes, i realize that i live in AL. Yes, i realize that my former boyfriend looks just like a certain AL football star. Yes, i realize they have 13 national championships...got it, don't care. So not wanting to heedlessly cast any potential mate or lover(sorry mom) out i checked out their intrests. Can anyone guess what the top 3 were? If you didn't guess AL football, hunting and fishing then god bless you for having faith in your fellow AL fans.  Needless to say i went to bed a bit disappointed that night, sure that i would never find anyone (maybe I should have included drama queen in my description). 
        Waking up the next day i was a little hesitant about checking this thing again. Who could it be next? Come to find out, while i was sleeping the sleep of the "oh man, why did i sign up for this, why oh why", guys with interests outside of football had gotten on!   


2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Crystal. Love the blog!! I'm gonna link you. Ok, let me tell you about matches.... I once got matched with a guy who was dressed as Britney Spears (a la Hit Me Baby One More Time school girl) in his profile pic. Seriously. I swear there is no mention of Britney Spears or bubble gum pop in my profile. Feel special with your Roll Tide fanatics.

    ReplyDelete